Child Protection Policy
The Twins Policy for Child Protection consists of the following principles and provisions:
- The welfare of the child is paramount.
- All children without exception have the right to protection from abuse, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs.
- This policy applies to all trustees, management, staff and volunteers, whether working directly for Twins or taking part in Twins country projects through Twins partners (‘Twins Personnel’).
- Twins has a commitment to safe recruitment, selection and vetting.
- Twins has a commitment to ensuring that bodies with which Twins works as operating partners have suitable policies for child protection.
- All concerns and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously by Twins Personnel and responded to appropriately. This may require a referral to children’s services and/or police authorities in the jurisdiction concerned.
- Twins will respect local legislation and guidance serving to underpin and enhance this Policy of Child Protection.
- Twins will respect all associated policies and procedures that promote children’s safety and welfare with regards to health & safety, anti-bullying and protection of children online.
- Twins operations are subject to arrangements for the ongoing review and improvement of policies and procedures, including but not limited to this Policy of Child Protection and related procedures.
This Policy for Child Protection is approved and endorsed by the Board of Trustees of Twins.